Swiss Krono LLC, a division of Swiss Krono Group and until 2016 known as KronotexUSA, began distribution in the United States in 2000 and in 2005 opened its current manufacturing facility in Barnwell, S.C. Here in Barnwell, we create virtually any style, shape, finish, texture, scrape, bevel, locking system, thickness, size and attached pad of laminate flooring planks sold through distributors, dealers and chains nationwide. This amazing growth and our ability to supply the needs of the marketplace have earned us the nickname “The Quiet Giant” of laminate flooring that’s proudly made by Americans and made for Americans. In January at Surfaces 2016, we announced the latest of several changes that will provide distributors, retailers and consumers the best innovations and quality in laminate flooring: KronotexUSA changed its name to SWISS KRONO LLC to reflect the parent company’s and the products’ Swiss heritage in woodworking and precision technology. All eight countries where Swiss Krono operates changed their name and logo in early 2016 to reflect this pooling of expertise, intensifying of R&D, and forging of a common identity. According to Ines Kaindl, President of the Board of Directors of the SWISS KRONO GROUP headquartered in Lucerne, Switzerland, “We want to leverage a strong, uniform brand to spotlight our tradition and history while making a greater international impact. This will enable us to help shape the market’s future.” Read More
This consistent image and our modern, visually striking new logo give the Group a single face with a clear profile,” says Max von Tippelskirch, Chief Strategy and Communication Officer of the Swiss Krono Group. “We are clearly differentiating ourselves from our competitors and strengthening our presence in the global marketplace.
About The SWISS KRONO GROUP
We are made by Americans and made for Americans.
We lead the industry in quality standards.
From raw materials to final packaging, our quality-control specialists work around the clock conducting a series of tests to make sure all Swiss Krono products are produced with the highest standards at every step.
We test for color consistency, swelling, curing, abrasion resistance, bonding, and conduct many other inspections, measurements and evaluations. The result is a laminate floor of consistent durability and beauty with an overall customer-satisfaction rating of 99.5%. Our FloorScore® certification ensures indoor air-quality compliance. All our products have wear, stain and fade warranties – some warranties are up to 30 years — and are guaranteed from manufacturer defects.
We make floors that are healthier for your home and the planet.
- Sustainable core – All of our laminate-flooring designs contain a wood-fiber core made with ecologically sustainable pine trees, allowing us to bring you the look and feel of exotic hardwoods without harming exotic or endangered species.
- Efficient production – We are able to use almost every part of the tree when Swiss Krono laminate flooring is made, providing a more efficient manufacturing process.
- No harsh chemicals needed – Swiss Krono laminate flooring requires very minimal maintenance and unlike hardwood, it will never need to be refinished. Regular sweeping and occasional damp mopping with our mild cleaning solution will keep your floor looking like new for years to come, with no need for harsh chemicals.
- Simple installation – With our mechanical locking systems, Swiss Krono laminate floors install easily without the need for glue or nails. This simple installation process means fewer power tools are needed, which results in less energy use and less waste.
- It’s here for the long haul – With warranties of 30 years or more, Swiss Krono laminate flooring is more durable than carpet or hardwood, and won’t have to be replaced nearly as often. This translates to less waste being sent to a landfill.
- Low VOC inks – The decorative paper layer used in Swiss Krono laminate flooring is printed with water-based, low volatile organic compound inks, which are safer for consumers and the environment.
- Responsible packaging – Swiss Krono laminate flooring cartons are made from recycled cardboard.
A few more things you should know about us.
- We are members of NALFA, the North American Laminate Flooring Association. NALFA is the only trade association dedicated solely to the laminate-flooring industry.
- We are ISO9001-2008 certified. ISO is an international group that develops rigorous standards with the help of experts around the world. Our certification means the we have products and services that are “safe, reliable and of good quality.” And that Swiss Krono has minimized errors and reduced waste.
- We are members of the Composite Panel Association, which sets the standards for sustainable practices, testing and certification, and standards for our industry.